BHOGAL METAL WORKS INC
BHOGAL METAL WORKS INC has immediate opening for experienced Tool die Maker (NOC: 7232) at our location in Etobicoke, Ontario.
As a Tool Die Maker (NOC: 7232), you will perform some or all of the following duties:
• Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
• Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools.
• Metal cutting, forming or bending dies; Jigs and fixtures; Gauges or instruments
• File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
• Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
• Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
• Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables,
• Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
• Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
• Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
• Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
• Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
• Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
• Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
• Cast plastic tools or parts, or tungsten-carbide cutting tips, using pre-made molds.
• Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
• Set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces, and feed or place parts, tools, or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
• Completion of secondary school is usually required.
• Tool and Die Fabrication Experience is required.
• Completion of a four- or five-year tool and die making apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses/certificate in tool and die making is usually required
• Multi-tasker and effective time management.
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $ 27.500/hour
Business Location: 9 Claire port Crescent, Etobicoke, M9W 6P7
To apply e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org